As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, there are a lot of things on employees’ minds. Traveling, family plans, big meals, even a little football—but more than anything, it’s a time to reflect on what we’re thankful for. As we wish our readers who celebrate the holiday a Happy Thanksgiving, here are just a few features and perks of today’s workplace that we’re thankful for.
- The lighter side of the office – You know what they say about all work and no play. While it’s important to make more happen for your business, we’re thankful for the camaraderie that arises from working with others and the humor that helps spark creativity and brighten the day.
- Creative people and creative places – We hope we’ve said a final goodbye to offices featuring endless rows of desks lit by harsh overhead lighting and populated by silent, solitary employees. We’re thankful for the creative, thoughtfully designed offices that encourage conversation and collaboration among colleagues.
- A clean, safe place to get more done – When’s the last time you thought about the people who keep your building clean, safe and maintained? Facilities managers and others are often only thought of when something’s wrong, but we’re definitely thankful there are people who know how to keep the building running smoothly so we can keep things running smoothly within it.
- A well-stocked breakroom – In another few days, it’ll be difficult to even think about food. But research has proven regular breaks can help make you more productive, and a well-stocked place to take a breather, chat with coworkers, and get a fresh start on your day is something we’re always grateful for.
- The people who keep us supplied – Whether it’s hand sanitizer and wipes to fight germs in the workplace or coffee for the breakroom, we depend on office administrators, procurement managers and others to keep us stocked up. While we’re glad for every toner cartridge and fresh box of K-cups, we’re especially grateful for the people who bridge the gap between what we need and what we have.
While you’re preparing to travel, host guests, or just kick back and relax at home for the holiday, be sure to take a look around your office and stop to thank the people—facilities managers, colleagues, procurement teams and more—who have a hand in giving you everything you need to succeed!